- i20 N Line gets the same 1.0 litre turbo GDI engine as standard i20.
- Will only be sold at Hyundai’s signature dealerships.
- features a new grille, sportier front and rear bumpers, new alloy wheels, a twin-tip exhaust etc.
- will be launched in September
Hyundai Motor India has unveiled the i20 N Line in India. It is basically a sportier version of the standard i20 which is one of the most popular products in the premium hatchback segment. It gets few cosmetic upgrades that add the sportier attribute to the hatch.
On the outside, the i20 N line gets a sportier dual-tone bumper along with a red character line below the cascading grille, the cascading grille also features the N Line badge. On the side profile, the i20 N line features a new design for the 16-inch alloy wheels with the red front brake calipers. The rear profile gets a sleek rear bumper and a diffuser that enhances not just the model’s look but also its aerodynamic attributes. It also gets twin-exhaust pipes.
What’s under the hood ?
The Hyundai i20 N Line gets the same 1.0 Litre turbo GDI engine as the standard i20 turbo. This Turbo GDI engine produces 120hp of power and 172Nm of torque. It gets the option of a 7-speed DCT (dual-clutch automatic) and a 6-speed iMT (clutchless manual), the same as the standard i20. The DCT transmission comes with paddle shifters.
Hyundai i20 N line Variants and features Explained
The Hyundai i20 N line will be available in 2 variants –
- N6 ( Available with only iMT tranmission )
- N8 ( DCT as well as iMT , both are available )
i20 N line N6 variant feature list :
- 2 Airbags , ABS with EBD , ESC
- Tyre Pressure monitoring system
- Rear view camera with adaptive guidlines
- Driver rear view monitor (DRVM)
- Front projector fog lamps
- Foldable key
- Standard halogen headlamps
- R16 diamond cut alloy wheels with N logo
- 8″ touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Electric sunroof
- Manual AC
- Tilt & telescopic steering
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Sporty black interiors with athletic red inserts
- Sporty metal pedals
- Turn indicators on outside mirrors
i20 N line N8 variant feature list : ( additional features to N6 )
- 6 Airbags , ABS with EBD , ESC
- LED projector with LED day time running lamps (DRL) with cornering function
- Paddle shifters (DCT only)
- Fully automatic AC
- Voice enabled smart electric sunroof
- Hyundai Blue Link with over-the-air (OTA) map updates
- Blue Link integrated smartwatch app
- 10.25″ HD touchscreen infotainment & navigation system
Not to be confused with i20 N
“N” is the official name of Hyundai’s high-performance brand. If you look at German carmakers like Mercedes AMG, BMW M, Audi RS, and Volkswagen GTI, it’s easy to see that the N stands for high performance. But, whereas these brands use R for their motorsport models, Hyundai’s ‘N’ represents two important elements. First, the Namyang district in South Korea, the birthplace of the N brand and location of Hyundai’s Global R&D Center. Second, the Nürburgring racetrack in Germany, which is home to Hyundai’s Technical Center which is used to test the N vehicles.
Hyundai N line
Hyundai offers optional Sports trim packages to their mainstream models, Know as the N line. N Line vehicles consist of Sport Upgrades that are mostly cosmetic such as different wheels and spoilers. For Indian markets,i20 N Line with 1.0 Litre T-GDI engine is the first model in the N-line Portfolio.