- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun is an Indian version of the Volkswagen T-cross which is sold by Volkswagen in international markets
- It is based on the MQB A0 IN platform which also underpins its rival as well as sister Skoda Kushaq.
- Taigun will rival the likes of Skoda KUSHAQ , Hyundai Creta , Kia Seltos and Nissan Kicks.
- Volkswagen will feature up to 95 percent localisation with the Taigun.
Based on the heavily localised MQB A0 IN platform, the new 2021 Volkswagen Taigun is designed and developed specifically for the Indian markets. This platform will also underpin the next-gen Volkswagen Vento, Skoda KUSHAQ and the next-gen Rapid.
Volkswagen will be developing various models on the MQB A0-IN platform. This involves vehicles tailored to the needs of customers in the India. To ensure maximum market proximity, Volkswagen will achieve radical localization of 95 percent, meaning that almost all vehicle components will be made in India.This will help the company to aggressively price the product against its rivals such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos and Skoda Kushaq.
According to the German Automaker “The Taigun developed in India will meet the same core standards for safety, quality and design that the Volkswagen Group represents worldwide“.
2021 Volkswagen Taigun will be offered with 2 TSI engines. The lower variants getting the 110hp, 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI engine (used in the current Skoda Rapid,Vento and Polo). This engine will be available with either a manual or a torque converter automatic gearbox.
The higher variant ie. Taigun GT will get a more powerful 150hp, 1.5-litre TSI engine that is expected to come paired with a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox.
- LED matrix (Headlamps with Daytime Running Lights)
- R-17 dual-tone alloy wheels.
- C-shaped continuous LED tail lamp.
- The top-end GT version of the Taigun comes with the bold GT badge.
- 3 Spoke Flat bottom Steering wheel.
- Flattened floor for rear passengers.
- Digital cockpit.
- Automatic AC with touch control.
- 10-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto and Apple Carplay
- My Volkswagen Connect app
- Inductive charging interface.
- The multi-function leather sport steering wheel.
- Electric sunroof.
- Ambient Lighting
- 6 Speakers
- Cooled-Glove Box
- Ventilated front seats
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- Electronic Stability Control
- Tyre Pressure Deflation Warning
- 3 Head-Restraints at Rear
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Hill Hold Control
- Up to 6 Airbags
Apart from other safety features, the 2021 Volkswagen Taigun could be offered with ADAS( Advanced Driver Assisted System) as its European version T-cross also comes with driver-assisted features.
Moreover, the Taigun interior images shared at the time of unveiling, the instrument cluster has an icon indicating a lane. This icon could be a sign that Volkswagen Taigun is equipped with a lane-assist or adaptive cruise control.